Monday, August 13, 2012

Cutting the Turtle Deck

Cut to fit

The Harmon skin/turtle deck was not an exact fit so we lines up one side and rolled it over the back and bulkheads drilling as we went. When we got it folded around (as expected) there was an excess lip that needed to be trimmed off along with the excess in the from at the rear passenger's seat bulkhead.

A friend of Jay's and metal master stopped in and we enlisted him to make the cuts.

With the excess areas trimmed away we re-cleco'd the skin to the frame again and I have to say I'm pleased with the looks I just hope the transition isn't to bulbous where it will meat the canopy at.

It doesn't seem like much but it took the better part of the day so we loaded up and flew back home until next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment